Thursday, August 7, 2008

Okee dokee, here we go!

Allll-righty then! I'm blogging. So (to my enthralled audience of one) lets not disappoint!

So... yeah. Blog. Bloggitty blog-blog-blog. The initial intent is to create another Oilers-based blog, and participate in the online Oilers community, contributing where I can. We're gonna have a great season this year... everyone chipping in... firing on all cylinders... and play with intensity... we had some bad breaks... the next game is a huge game for us... we're ready to take the next step... he stole two points for us tonight... we've got to take it one shift at at time... and give 110%... the next goal is gonna be a big one... it's gutcheck time!

So following the theme of above-inserted awfully-boring (and cliche) hockey quotes, here is a list of oddball, sometimes humorous comments from current and past Oilers. Try and guess who said what:

1. "
We're going to do some damage!" - player quoted heading into the '06 playoffs;
2. "Part of the learning curve in Edmonton is learning to hate Calgary";
3.
"Every goalie we play against seems to have the game of his life against us" - said Oiler during a particularly awful span of games in '06-'07;
4. "
I just tape four Tylenols to it" - former player said about playing on injured ankle;
5. "
I don’t like my hockey sticks touching other sticks, and I don’t like them crossing one another, and I kind of have them hidden in the corner. I put baby powder on the ends. I think it’s essentially a matter of taking care of what takes care of you";
6. "When we've got the puck, they can't score";
7. "
There are similarities but I think [Bisaillon] is going to be better because he doesn’t turn the puck over as much as ‘Bergy’ sometimes did";
8. "
If it’s sexy, let’s be honest, sex sells. I wouldn’t have a problem with that" - player said regarding the new tv show MVP;
9. "
I just grabbed her Slurpee and started drinking and then gave it back to her. She was shocked." - former Oiler said about how he met his wife while playing in junior;
10. "
You can have all the talent in the world, but if the pumper's not there, it doesn't matter".

Winner gets a bran muffin and 10 Stanley Nickels.

4 comments:

CrazyOil34 said...

Nice list dude!

Guesses:
1 Prongs 2 Duggie Weight? 3 Staios 4 Semenko? 5 Wayne! 6 Messier 7 Greener 8 Moreau 9 Wow. Thats awesome! Lets say Torres 10 Slats

Whats a Stanley nickel? Like stanely cup??

R-Gib said...

Check this link for fan versions of a Schrute buck and the Stanley nickel:
http://www.officetally.com/the-schrute-buck

PS - I'll wait until (hopefully) more people throw in answers before I reveal who said what.

Greener said...

Hey Ryan, congrats on the blog!

R-Gib said...

Okay nobody really seems to give a crap about this one, so I'll just throw the answers out there:
1 Moreau 2 Steve Smith 3 Horcoff 4 Boris Mironov 5 Gretzky 6 Coffey 7 Roy 8 Horc (again) 9 Ryan Smyth 10 Glen Sather.

Crazy wins 10 Stanley Nickels and a partially-eaten muffin for his stellar 2/10 performance! ;)